Through Photography we understand Light, and realise how we perceive our world. - Jaco Sapet-Nel
Everybody deserves a stunning portrait, and it is my wish to make Professional photography affordable and fun and accessable to any man, woman or child.
For many years one of Jaco’s hobbies has been photography. He has an absolute passion for it which shows in his work.
He has attended various courses and workshops on photography and Photoshop with well known photographers such as Stephen Pryke, Willem Oets, Anita de Villiers, Rian Bester, Mark Thomas, Brett Florens, among others. He has been a member of and served on the committees of various camera clubs, such as Ballito Photo Club, Westville Camera Club and Maritzburg Camera Club, and is accredited as a photographic judge by the PSSA.
Jaco covers a wide variety of photography - landscapes, portraiture, photo-journalism, weddings, social events, children’s parties and even underwater photography, in which he's won various 1st and 2nd places in national and international competitions.
He is an easy-going person who prefers to capture people in a natural way and in nature, but also does studio work with a mobile studio light setup. Jaco will travel nationwide to do location photo shoots and offers dynamic packages at affordable prices.
As Photomagic and JSN Photography we have been active in professional photographic circles for a number of years now, covering fields such as photography training and workshops, product photography, modeling photography, events photography, wedding photography and photo journalism. We have done work for numerous corporate clients such as modeling agencies, financial institutions, newspapers and private venues (hotels, lodges, etc). Our work has been published in publications such as The North Coast Courier, Daily News, The Get-It magazine, Divestyle magazine, Submerge magazine, rakSAfrica. Our most recent accolade is having our wedding images featured on hitched.co.uk
Pertaining to training in specific, we customise specialised courses for typically 10-15 people at a time covering the basic workings of digital (and film) cameras and the foundations of photography in general, camera functions, composition of good images, do's and dont's, post processing, and practical sessions. Every person's understanding and natural abilities are different, and through individual attention we ensure that everyone grasps and understands the principles taught and are empowered to practice what they've learned. These courses are aimed at corporations where you would provide a venue and the students, and we'll do the training.
We invite you to browse this website and contact us should you have any commissions.
Exhibition & awards:
Official photographers for:
- Cairo Moon Bellydance Extravaganza 2010
- Maya Bellydance show RaqStars 2012
- Cheeky Angels show 2012 The Magic Carpet
- Maya Bellydance International show 2013
- Mozambique Underwater Shootout 2006
- 1st place: Creative Section
- 1st place: Open section
- 1st place: Humorous section
- Sodwana Underwater Shootout
- Highly Commended: Compact Digital Section, Shootout 2007
- 2nd place: Creative Section, Shootout 2008
- 1st place: Compact Digital - Wide Angle, Shootout 2009
- Westville Camera Club
- Member from 2008-2010
- Committee Member from 2009-2010
- Webmaster from 2009-2010
- Top achiever 2009
- 4 star senior member on exit
- Maritzburg Camera Club
- Member since 2011
- Committee Member since 2011
- Webmaster since 2011
- 4 star senior
- Member of the Photographic Society of South Africa since 2010
- Member of the PSSA Judges Accreditation Program, 2010-2011
- rakSAfrica Bellydancing Magazine, Issue 5 2010 - click here
- Hitched.co.uk Feb 2011 featured Bridal Portfolio - click here
- Other Publications:
- Divestyle Magazine 2008
- Submerge Magazine 2008
- North Coast Courier 2008-2009
- Daily News 2008
- Get-It Magazine 2009
- IOL - Independant Online 2009